If you're not working at doing nothing, then you are so not understanding the flow of Nature. In fact, you become the antithesis of that flow. The more we spin from the center of natural flow, the tighter our tether stretches, and we will be drawn back to nothingness by living rightly, or it will snap and we will extinguish ourselves. There is no “solution;” it’s a myth.

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Finding Peace II

If I have a broken leg, then my body is not in balance. If my body is out of balance, then I am not at peace. There is something out of sorts, something not as it should be. I can be mentally centered, and I can be spiritually centered, but I am not physically centered with a broken leg. That disturbance compromises my personal peace, and my body must resolve the conflict of the injury and healing in order to attain peacefulness again. If my logical mind does not understand something, cannot grasp a concept that is crucial to my well being, then it will not be at ease until that concept is grasped. I can still be physically centered and healthy, spiritually centered and healthy, but I will not be mentally at peace, so my Triad is not in balance. I cannot be truly peaceful until I grasp that misunderstood thing. Once I understand, then I feel relief, and I can bring the Triad back into balance for peace. In spirit, if I become emotionally or morally agitated, if I feel disturbance in the course of life, if there is suffering or anger, then I must find resolution in order to balance my spirit again. My mind can be logically sound and centered, and my body can be physically fit, but my spirit feeling something discordant needs to be balanced once again. We can feel the depression or utter terror of other beings in danger or being killed. We can feel the energy of other beings; we call it “getting a vibe.” If we are spiritually unaware or if we tamper with our spiritual awareness with biased input, clouding our intuition, then we need to find our spiritual center once again for balance and clarity. The stronger and healthier my individual elements of the Triad are, then the more effective two of them will be to help bring the third into balance. If one aspect is out of balance, then my Triad suffers more over time unless I restore the equilibrium.

Beliefs affect our perceptions of peace, as well. If I believe that killing trees for profit is a just and good thing to do, then killing trees will bring my mind into relative or perceived balance, and I will feel a sense of peace. But if my spirit feels the suffering and discord this causes on an environmental level, I must either ignore it with distractions, i.e.: alcohol or other mental diversions to offset the disease, or I need to reassess my perspective for bias. In other words, this is why it is crucial that our perceptions be as pure as possible based upon a universal truth as our frame of reference. In other words again, as part of the Whole, what I do should benefit the Whole. If my actions contradict or harm any part of the Whole, then I am compromising my balance through ripples that will return directly or indirectly. (Splashing in a pool causes ripples. If the ripples bounce off the walls of the pool back to me, then I am experiencing a direct repercussion. If my ripples cause another person in the pool to respond with splashing, then their ripples are the indirect effect of my ripples.)

There is a difference between being at peace versus being indifferent. In maintaining peace, we must understand that it is an active process. Balancing each element of the Triad takes constant tuning and work, which is conflict resolution, in order to maintain the harmony of elements that keep the entire Triad in balance, thus, allowing peace. But it is also important to understand that our personal Triad extends outward to the entire Universe, as well. We cannot be autonomous. We depend upon the Earth for our survival. We are inexorably connected to the planet, thus, to every other being on this planet, thus, to all spirit within all things, thus, to the entire Universe and beyond. There is no separation aside from perceived separation. Perceived separation means seeing ourselves as independent from the Whole (“I have evolved beyond the need to be tied to the Natural world because it will exist with or without me.”); ignorant of the Whole (“I exist in the world I’ve created and acknowledge no outward connection.”); or living in spite of the Whole (“I am not obliged to give, but am here only to take.”) This spiritual denial of accountability allows for a false sense of peace through indifference or skewed beliefs. If I disconnect from the Whole, then I have no accountability, I have no awareness of the truth of the Whole, I am closed into my restricted perception of the world, and I am content to know nothing because it would be too unbearable, too much to handle, or too depressing. This defines self-centeredness, and being content in ignorance does not imply spiritual balance; therefore, the Triad cannot be balanced, which means true peace cannot be achieved. As an integral part of the Whole, how could we be truly peaceful if the Whole is not truly at peace?Part III

No comments: