If you're not working at doing nothing, then you are so not understanding the flow of Nature. In fact, you become the antithesis of that flow. The more we spin from the center of natural flow, the tighter our tether stretches, and we will be drawn back to nothingness by living rightly, or it will snap and we will extinguish ourselves. There is no “solution;” it’s a myth.

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Travelling Up a Mountain

When we begin life, we utilize very basic movements of mind, body, and philosophy to enable us to function. This is not new information to you. Our verbal language must develop through a progression of steps, at first learning the structure of letters, then the combinations to form words, then to coordinating the words to express thoughts. Further, the structure of our thoughts is growing similarly through nurturing, believing, observing cultural norms and taboos, listening to our parents and teachers, and understanding the framework of society. As our information grows, we can manipulate more abstract concepts, eventually even allowing us to extract ourselves from the parameters of conventional thought.

Our physical body must crawl, stand, wobble, walk, run and then it can progress to more tempered and disciplined movements found in gymnastics, yoga, dance, martial arts, until we can begin to interpret and respond to abstract stimuli with movement. These new, advanced and honed movements thus become the way in which we interpret the Universe. They are the second nature of our shed basic selves, like the statue revealed from beneath superfluous stone.

As a teenager, I knew information that I was taught whether by learning through exploration or by classroom programming. I knew information, and I began to understand that in all life, in all the Universe, there is a common thread, an invisible energy, essence, spirit, bond that flows through all things. And as I learned more mentally, I also learned more spiritually and physically, one element always springing upward off of the other two in a metaphorical mountain climbing journey.

But at first, when I would speak of these things of Nature, I did not have the experience yet to know why I should believe the things I did. I knew they were "right" things, but I did not know why they were "right." In this case, I would use my base reflexes, and I would argue and push to try to get people to understand. Yet I could not even find many who would listen, particularly while I did not understand yet myself. I did not understand resolution through redirection of combined energy for a productive outcome, either. I did strive for that, but it seemed that only the Enlightened could exercise this skill, and I could only accept that resolution may need to be found in overpowering others with information rather than guiding with patience.

I'm still learning this now.

But it occurs to me that as we train ourselves toward temperance, we move toward a place in which our skills culminate to become our temperance, like being a blazing fire that heats a pool of water-skills whose steam rises only to fall down and quench the fire. The more physical skills I learned and practiced, the more secure I became to be able to handle not only various physical attacks, but also to handle the way each attack would progress. I learned adaptability. This was the same with language and thought. The more I learned about what Nature says, the more adaptable I have begun to become when discussing these things. Now, the information allows me to relax with increasing confidence to become a gentle guide for my children or anyone interested in going this Way. Now there is less fear of "losing control," because control is a weakness of fear. The confidence of skill and knowledge tempers that fear, replaces weakness with strength, but it also opens the mind. A closed mind inhibits growth and connection to others and with the Whole. If this connection is closed, then the other elements of the Triad stagnate. Thus, spirit also shines because each of the three elements in the Triad help to raise the other two to new heights up the mountain. And when spirit is unfettered by fear, open-minded with unconditional love of seeking productive resolution, then we ultimately see all of these skills that brought us along have been a vehicle used to arrive at a place where we will not need them any longer.

This is a fascinating trip. :)

No comments: